Jessica Nguema Metoule styliste modeliste gabonais





Jessinca Nguema Metoule first worked at Maison Martin Margiela as a fashion designer assistant. She also worked at Chloé and Lagerfeld Gallery. Proud of her interbreeding, she worked for an Indian textile firm before creating Otinguema in 2010.




Who are you?
My name is Jessica Nguema, I am Franco-Gabonese and I created Otinguema in 2009. After a few fashion jobs at Maison Martin Margiela, Chloé and Lagerfeld Gallery, I started creating leather goods. In 2012, I launched my very first Premium ready-to-wear collection, and joined the MonDéfilé adventure at the end of the year.





Why did you choose to go into fashion?
Fashion was a natural choice. When I was young, I created clothes for my Barbie and made them parade as if they were on a catwalk. As I am passionate about art and drawing, fashion is the best way for me to create in real life all my ideas. It is also a way to help women to believe in how beautiful they are.
Could you describe to us your creative universe?
My universe is very feminine and borders-less. It mixes materials and cuts to play on illusions.
What are your sources of inspiration?
I am Metis, so I am inspired by the world’s different cultures, muses of all ages (Françoise Hardy, Marylin Monroe, Grace Jones or Bianca Jagger). But my biggest source of inspiration is my mom.
Could you tell us a couple words about your collaboration with MonDéfilé?
MonDéfilé is the first website ever to sell my creations. As a young designer, it is difficult to find shops that are ready to sell your clothes. But MonDéfilé helps us to increase our visibility and benefit from their production network, to propose designer clothes for affordable prices.
If you were to be a piece of clothing or an accessory, what would you be?
I would be a little black dress that could be worn in the evening, to chill and that could have several lives according to what you are wearing it with. I would be a dress that you could wear in winter and summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment